Tuesday, February 22, 2011

22 February 2011 - Job 42:10-12

"After Job had prayed for his friends" there and then
"The Lord made him prosperous again"
"And gave him twice as much as he had before"
Then everyone who knew him gave him even more
"The Lord blessed the later part of Job's life more than the first"
Once again proving that His best is better than the enemy's worst

Dear God, how I wish like Job I could be strong
Instead of tears, allow me to break out in song
For although I know that you are in control
My human emotions oft overcome my soul
So please continue to remind me of others
From the Bible as well as today's brothers
Whose plight was so much tougher than mine
But whose actions and words continued to shine
For I want to be a shining beacon of light
Doing your will and conveying what is right

No comments:

Post a Comment