Tuesday, October 29, 2013

29 October 2013 - Encouragement!

From the Bible and friends encouraging words are in constant supply
To share some of them in some simple verse, is what today I will try
 
"This is what the Lord says to you", per 2 Chronicles 20:15
"Do not be afraid or discouraged" is a Biblical line oft seen
Verse seventeen says "go out to face [the battle] tomorrow"
"And the Lord will be with you" so feel joy and peace, not sorrow
 
Philippians 3:20 says that our problems on earth are only for a season
These should not worry us as we are "citizens of heaven", Paul did reason
 
"And we know that in all things", God is powerful and great
He "works for the good of those who love him" per Romans 8:28
 
"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you"
So wrote David in Psalm fifty five verse twenty two
This is repeated almost verbatim in First Peter five verse seven
"Because He cares for you", "cast your anxiety" on God in heaven
 
These are words that serve to encourage and uplift me
Whether in a Bible, online, or in an email I may see
And while I thank God for all of those reminders so apt
I also thank my friends whose messages keep me rapt

No comments:

Post a Comment