Friday, October 25, 2013

25 October 2013 - Psalm 42:1-5

"As the deer pants for streams of water" starts Psalm 42
The psalmist goes on to say "so my soul pants for you"
And then "my tears have been my food day and night"
As I wonder where is my God who will make this right
"These things I remember as I pour out my soul"
When I went to God's house, protection was my goal
"Why, my soul, are you downcast?" verse five does say
"Why so disturbed within me?" on the glorious day
So "put your hope in God, for I will praise Him"
"My Savior and My God" are not said on a whim
 
In response to a prayer, I was kindly sent this verse
The message is apt and concise, but far from terse
Verse five holds a key message that forever should last
God's Presence is here; there is no reason to be downcast
When I think back on all the wondrous things God has done
I am encouraged every day with the rising of the morning sun
Knowing this merely makes me want His Presence even more
And it is available right here, resting in my heart, my core
Dear God, let your Presence shine through me
So that joyful, peaceful, and rejuvenated I may be

No comments:

Post a Comment