Sunday, October 13, 2013

13 October 2013 - Psalm 13

“How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?” David said
And “how long will you hide your face from me?” instead
“How long must I wrestle with…thoughts” on my part
Followed by “and every day have sorrow in my heart?”
“How long will my enemy triumph over me?”
Lord, “please look on me and answer” my plea
“Give light to my eyes” or in death I will sleep
Then “my enemy…will rejoice” and not weep
But David says “I trust in your unfailing love”
“My heart rejoices in your salvation” from above
“I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me”
That is the key message from verse six we do see
 
David wrote this being pursued by a jealous Saul
“How long?” is repeated by David four times in all
He talks about wrestling with thoughts not right
That parallels Isaac’s struggle that infamous night
But despite his angst about the ongoing feud
By reiterating his faith, David did still conclude
 
A powerful lesson that serves to remind me
No matter what, faithful to God I should be
Over us, He does watch, protect, and guide
For He loves us and never leaves our side
As such, there is no challenge that is too big
To Him, the biggest log around is merely a twig
If I put my trust in Him and Him alone
Great mercies and power will be shown
 
So dear Lord, hear this my fervent prayer
Please do not allow me to ever despair
For I know that about me, you truly do care
Your abounding love is what I do declare

No comments:

Post a Comment