Saturday, October 26, 2013

26 October 2013 - Psalm 84:4-12

"Blessed are those who dwell in your house"
"They are ever praising you", not like a mouse
"Blessed are those who strength is in you"
"Whose hearts are set on pilgrimage" too
"They go from strength to strength" says verse seven
Until "each appears before God in Zion", or heaven
It is far better to spend one day in God's courts
"Than a thousand elsewhere", the psalmist retorts
"For the Lord God is a sun and shield"
Favor and honor He always does wield
"Blessed is the one who trusts" in the Lord Almighty
That is something to which all believers must agree
 
This psalm serves to encourage, uplift, and remind
Its sentiments should always be in my heart and mind
I love the line ending with "a thousand elsewhere"
As it serves to reinforce how much God does care
It is also the chorus of a wonderful song
One to which I will always sing along
But the core message of this passage for me
Is contained on the "blessed are" lines I see
To dwell in God's house and in Him find my strength 
Will no doubt serve me well for all my life's length

No comments:

Post a Comment