Wednesday, March 16, 2011

16 March 2011 - Isaiah 6

Isaiah saw the Lord in verses one to four
The seraphs' praises to God did outpour
They said "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord"
The temple shook at the sound of their word
And then Isaiah, in verses five to seven
Confessed his sins to God in heaven
A seraph touched Isaiah's mouth with a live coal
Taking away guilt, atoning his sins was the goal
The rest of the chapter, starting with verse eight
Talks of Isaiah's commissioning that could not wait
Isaiah responded with "Here I am. Send me!"
Not knowing how tough his mission would be
Isaiah was to tell the people the true story
His prophecy ignored, the devastation would be gory
But a remnant would always remain
Those who not not treat God with disdain
And from that remnant would come a holy seed
Keeping God's promise and giving us what we need

Der God, thank you for Isaiah's prophetic word
It is as powerful as any I have heard
So when daily my many sins I do confess
Please forgive me, although I deserve much less
And please give me strength and the will power
To do your will every day and every hour

No comments:

Post a Comment