Friday, March 18, 2011

18 March 2011 - 1 John 4:16-18 (redux)

In another country this one I did write
Probably in the middle of a fretful night
The passage appeared on my desk today
As if my calendar knew exactly what to say
I need to know and rely on the love
That only comes from God above
For it is this love that drives out fear
Of things be they far away or near
So dear God, please let me be so blessed
Giving me your peace and allowing me to rest

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us"
"God is love"; that is not to debate or discuss
"Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him"
There is therefore no good reason to feel grim
"Love is made complete...so that we will have confidence"
When the "day of judgment" does commence
"Because in this world we are like him" per verse seventeen
Even if God's loving face remains unseen
"There is no fear in love but perfect love drives out fear"
"Because fear has to do with punishment" oft severe
"The one who fears is not made perfect in love"
Because he does not have a relationship with God above

No comments:

Post a Comment