Sunday, November 10, 2013

10 November 2013 - Words and Works

"Do not merely listen to the word" says James 1:22
We deceive ourselves if what it says, we do not do
In chapter two verse seventeen, James also said
That "faith..., if not accompanied by action, is dead"
First Corinthians 15:58 contains another famous clarion call
"Always give yourself fully to the work of the Lord" said Paul
 
These strong words do not come from the same author or book
But are linked in concept and therefore deserve a deeper look
God's words should serve to awaken me and stir my heart
And this in turn should lead to passionate action on my part
I must do this day by day, in the cold as well as in the heat
For then, and only then, will my life's work be truly complete
 
So dear God, I ask that as I awake, you convict my soul
Before the day's chores and interruptions take their toll
As a side note, to be able read your word at my leisure
Is indeed a blessing as well as a pleasure that I treasure
To keep my word means following Yours too
Please let me remember that in all that I do

No comments:

Post a Comment