Saturday, May 11, 2013

11 May 2013 - 2 Corinthians 4:18

"We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen"
"Since what is seen is temporary" from Paul we can glean
"What is unseen is eternal", the verse does conclude
That is a powerful statement serving as spiritual food
 
But how do I go about seeing the unseen, if not with my eyes
It must be with my heart, it is therefore not hard to surmise
In Ephesians 1:18, Paul uses the term 'eyes of the heart"
This is yet another piece of wisdom that he did impart
For into the eternal realm of spirits our heart can indeed gaze
And by focusing on God, earthly matters we do not let us faze
This also helps us overcome temptation, hardship, and pain
For once drawn to God, our lives are never the same again
 
Dear God, please let my heart see your eternal reality
For only then can I overcome my inherent mortality
I want my relationship with you to be real, not just a formality
In that way, your love and strength in me can be an actuality

No comments:

Post a Comment