Sunday, May 15, 2011

15 May 2011 - Obedience

No church today as people at home were sick
So the devotional topic I got to pick
Obedience seems an appropriate one
Even if doing so is not always fun

From Deuteronomy 10:12 my readings started
About fearing the Lord is what the verse imparted
"To walk in all His ways" must be the goal
Loving and serving God with all our heart and soul
To me this means that in everything that we do
We obey His commands and honor Him too

Then I turned to Job thirteen verse fifteen
He was a man in whom true faith was seen
Job stood alone with no apparent answers to his plight
But knowing that "God is who He is" kept his heart right
So "though He slay me, yet will I hope in Him"
Were Job's words when things looked so dim
Obeying God no matter what the circumstance
Ensures our eternity, leaving nothing to chance

I then read from Psalm 111 verse ten
A phrase repeated in Proverbs 1:7 again
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom"
From this belief, obedience is sure to come
For obeying the one who deserves our full respect
Also ensures that our future He will always protect

In Mark 2:14, Jesus said "follow me"
Levi got up and did so immediately
This is a great example of being obedient to God's call
For taking any other path will lead to a fall

So whether from Moses, Job, David, or Mark
Obedience is key, even if things look dark
But obedience must be complete
If God's wishes we are to meet
So dear God, hear me as I solemnly pray
Give me the wisdom and strength to always obey

No comments:

Post a Comment