Wednesday, September 1, 2010

31 August 2010 : Psalm 3

"O Lord, how many are my foes!"
"How many will I have to oppose!"
"Many are saying of me,"
God will not listen to his plea
"But you are a shield around me, O Lord"
"You bestow glory on me" as a reward
"To the Lord I cry aloud" for a pain pill
"And He answers me from His holy hill"
"I lie down and sleep"
Safe the Lord doth me keep
Verse five says "I wake again"
Because the Lord doth me sustain
"I will not fear" the opposition applied
"Drawn up against me on every side"
"Arise, O Lord" continues verse seven
"Deliver me, O my God" in heaven
"Strike all my enemies on the jaw"
"Break the teeth" so they can not gnaw
"From the Lord comes deliverance"
His blessings are more than circumstance

This psalm is a good reminder about fear
God's love can make it disappear
My attitude must adjust
And in Him I must trust
And if fear God can take away
Then he must be able to help me today
As I struggle with what to do
About challenges old and new

No comments:

Post a Comment