Sunday, August 14, 2011

9 August 2011 - Thoughts from Tallahassee

As I spent more days in hot and humid Tallahassee
I thank God for all the blessings that came to me
Throughout this trip He has kept me safe and sound
And time for reflection and friends I have found
I thank Him for the Bible, His written word
As well as songs on the radio that I have heard
And while the humidity and bugs tend to overwhelm
I know that everything here is part of His realm
In the same way, it comforts this troubled man
To know that everything can work towards His plan
Although His plans are not necessarily for me to know
I do have a good sense of which way I should go
And so as I pen yet another simple rhyme
I remember that all things happen in His time
So although challenges seem to be of interminable length
God, please give me patience, wisdom, and strength

No comments:

Post a Comment