Sunday, June 19, 2022

19 June 2022 - Father's Day

As around the world today most celebrate Father’s Day
For inspiration, I looked at what the Bible has to say
Proverbs twenty two says show children the way to go
They will not turn from the path when older they grow
Per Ephesians six, our children to anger do not provoke
But raise them with discipline and words God hath spoke

A righteous child has joyous father, per Proverbs twenty three
And he rejoices if wise his child eventually turns out to be
Have compassion on children, per Psalm one hundred three
As God does with those of us who fear Him, we clearly see
God will be our Father, Second Corinthians does say
So when in doubt, we can turn to Him and earnestly pray

I am blessed to have an earthly father who raised me well
And with whom so many memories we shared and now tell
Re Exodus twenty, I respect and honor him and my mother
The right balance of love and discipline they did us smother
Without their guidance along my life’s challenging way
I know that I would not be the person that I am today

I can only hope that with my children I have done the same
Prayerfully I have given them more than just my surname
For the many mistakes made, to them I sincerely apologise
They should know that love and pride fill their father’s eyes
And God, thank you for your guidance, patience, and love
It’s always comforting to know I have an eternal father above

No comments:

Post a Comment