Sunday, June 23, 2013

23 June 2013 - Matthew 11:28-30

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened" Jesus said
The passage says "and I will give you rest" He promised instead
"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me"
For "gentle and humble in heart" He will always be
"You will find rest for your souls" per verse twenty nine
"For my yoke is easy and my burden is light", He did opine
 
A more apt verse for the day I could not have picked
For in the face of to-do lists, this seems to contradict
But Jesus reminds me that I need a day of rest
Spending time remembering how I am blessed
The stack of papers will for another day wait
As I submit to His yoke and take the path straight
And if I follow His Word and down His path go
He will provide for me always, this I know
The Bible does tell us that we should work hard
But against overdoing that we must be on guard
For working harder is not always the best solution
Note that prayer is what helps tackle this pollution
 
No matter what, to His yoke I should submit
For everything all the time, not just a little bit
Then my burdens will be so much easier to handle
For against God, my strength cannot hold a candle
God, for sharing your yoke with me, I thank you
Let me remember with you to all things do

No comments:

Post a Comment