Sunday, April 14, 2013

14 April 2013 - John 10:10

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy"
To do this, all sorts of tricks the devil will employ
Jesus said " I have come that they may have life"
"And have it to the full" with purpose, without strife
 
This stark analogy of the devil as a thief in the night
Makes it very clear that he is not operating in the light
And since stealing and killing are his stated intention
We must resist, by calling for Jesus' intervention
Jesus is with us, through good times and bad
So no matter what, we have reason to be glad
 
This is a very timely reminder for me
Far from the thief I must actively flee
He wants to steal my life and my joy
But I cannot let him distract or annoy
For I have a purpose here on this earth
It is from God that I know my worth
So towards God, I want my path to be
For then my joy everyone can see

No comments:

Post a Comment