Sunday, August 19, 2012

19 August 2012 - Isaiah 40:29-31

"He gives strength to the weary" when things look bleak
Verse 29 adds that He"increases the power of the weak"
"Even youths grow tired and weary" per verse thirty
"And young men stumble and fall" and get dirty
"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength"
"They will soar on wings like eagles" at great length
Verse 31 says "they will run and not grow weary"
"They will walk and not be faint" nor be teary

It has been said that if we feel weary, one thing is for sure
We have strayed from God and disregarded a law of nature
For doing God's work brings recuperation and joy
No matter where or how he chooses us to deploy

So dear God, I apologise for being so weary and tired
As it shows that my time has not been by you inspired
For prayer and bible study I must find time every day
Otherwise from your path I will surely deviate and stray
And by following your Way and doing your Will
I know that my body and soul your energy will fill

No comments:

Post a Comment