Saturday, December 31, 2011

31 December 2011 - An Old Year, A New Year

As we come to the end of another year
We look back at what did see and hear
We give thanks for how we have been blessed
For God has given us daily bread and His rest
We mourn the loss of those we did treasure and love
But are comforted as they are with our God above
In our own ways, we each somehow did grow
Spiritually, physically, or in what we might know
So for all of these reasons, we should celebrate
But above all, because God's love overcomes hate

The unknown poet did more than 130 poems pen
But he also had dry spells every now and again
And I can't say that my walk was consistent
I did not avoid all the temptations the enemy sent
But nonetheless I know that God is always there
And for me and my loved ones, He will always care

Now as we head into year two zero one two
I have a special wish for each one of you
May the year bring good health and happiness
And may you accept whatever God does you bless
Lastly, may your friends and family bless each of you
In the same way each of you for me always do

No comments:

Post a Comment