Sunday, December 11, 2011

11 December 2011 - Psalm 51:1-6

"Have mercy on me, O God" above
"According to your unfailing love"
"According to your great compassion"
Please "blot out my transgression"
"Wash away all my iniquity"
And "from my sin""cleanse me"
For my transgressions I surely know
And to you my sins always show
I have sinned and done evil in your sight
So "when you speak""you are proved right"
Surely "I was sinful" from when I was born
For this, every day I repent and mourn
Surely you desire truth, not just a good face
"You teach me wisdom in the inmost place"

Dear God, as David prayed when he wrote these words
Please forgive me and withhold your judgement swords
For my sin inhibits my relationship with you
And discredits any good deed that I may do
So my sins please wash away with your grace
Cleansing my heart for this ongoing earthly race

No comments:

Post a Comment