Sunday, December 25, 2011

25 December 2011 - A Christmas Ode

As we all celebrate this Christmas Day
A few things the unknown poet wants to say
Let's start by remembering that for this season
God's son Jesus' birth is the real reason
And don't forget as we shop in the mall
That He is the greatest gift of them all
For without that gift from our God above
This world would be devoid of true love

Speaking of gifts, instead of searching for the perfect toy
We should listen to the words of "Little Drummer Boy"
For as the "pa rum pum pum" we do heartily sing
"I have no gift to bring""that's fit to give the King"
For anything I have, from God it came
Talents and opportunities, 'tis the same

So to honor God, all I really can do
Is to live a life honorably and true
For the way I live and how I act
Separates the fiction from the fact
So dear God, on this Christmas Day
May I remain focused on Your Way

No comments:

Post a Comment