Thursday, November 17, 2011

17 November 2011 - Day by Day

Today I woke up with a tune ringing in my head
Rather than invent, I will use its words instead

"Day by day, day by day
Oh Dear Lord, three things I pray
To see thee more clearly
Love thee more dearly
Follow thee more nearly"
These are sung sincerely

For in the words of this simple song
Are the keys to living right, not wrong
To see, to love, and to follow God
In other words, to be part of His squad

I see Him through His word and His world
Every day, new truths to me are unfurled
I love Him with my devotions and prayers
For about all of us, He obviously cares
I follow Him through my words and actions
Trying not to be influenced by sinful distractions

But when I fail, as I so often do
I know that with Him I can start anew
This gives me hope and a sense of calm
That is also evident when I read a psalm

So please dear God, hear my plea
And through this day, please be with me

No comments:

Post a Comment