Thursday, June 2, 2011

2 June 2011 - Psalm 103:1-5

Praise the Lord, my soul” says Psalm 103 verse one
All my being, praise His holy name” for what he has done
And forget not all His benefits” per verse two
Forgiving your sins and healing your diseases too
He “redeems your life from the pit” says verse four
And crowns you with life and compassion“ evermore
He “satisfies your desires with good things
So “your youth is renewed like an eagle’s wings"

And when I read all twenty two verses of this psalm
I am left with a mix of awe, thanksgiving, and calm
Awe because of God’s great power and strength
Thanksgiving because of what He has done at length
And on top of those mighty traits and deeds
Calm is knowing that our God so often intercedes
And even when I don’t see it with my own eyes
God’s presence and influence are easy to recognise
Sometimes it is the words that seem to “just appear”
Other times it is when help and support are so near
And when things happen as if by a master plan
God must be responsible because only He can
So dear God, thank you for always being there
And for showing me how much you really care
Please give me the strength to be a good witness
For you deserve my best, nothing less

No comments:

Post a Comment