Sunday, June 19, 2011

19 June 2011 - Job 42:1-6

After Job faced many trials (but not the sword)
He had these words to say to the Lord
“I know that you can do all things” Job did report
Plans of yours, it is clear that nobody can ever thwart
“Surely I spoke of things I did not understand”
I did not know but all were as you planned
God says to listen when he doth speak
And answer when asked, don’t be meek
Job concluded that his eyes had now seen
What his ears had heard since he was a teen
“Therefore I despise myself and repent” Job did conclude
“In dust and ashes”, resulting in humble solitude

To me, Job’s words ring so very true
They should encourage when I am feeling blue
For Job went through many a trial and tribulation
But he never did succumb to the frustration
For in the Lord our God, complete faith he had
He remained positive even when events were sad
Dear God, from Job let me draw strength and learn
That You are the only to whom I should turn

No comments:

Post a Comment