Monday, December 26, 2016

26 December 2016 - Perspectives

Some reflection and prayer provide an interesting perspective
Thinking about communication, actions, and how I often live

Before I get irritated when someone does try to me cheat
I should remember what Jesus sees from his heavenly seat
Before fretting if someone does my earthly possessions steal
I should remember the eternal ones are so much more real
Before I get worked up about someone telling another lie
I should remember that my own sins caused Jesus to die
Before complaining that someone causes a schedule delay
I should remember that it gives me another chance to pray
Before I get insulted when not being shown proper respect
I should remember that my behaviour is even more suspect
Before I get affected by others and any unjust accusation
I should remember that via Jesus there is no condemnation

So before a minuscule speck in someone else's eye I do magnify
Per Matthew seven, I must remove the plank from my own eye
Dear Jesus, please forgive me for all the pain I have caused you
And give me the strength to live a life that is to your word true

No comments:

Post a Comment