Thursday, February 5, 2015

5 February 2015 - Psalm 37: 1-9

At times, from day to day I just seem to lurch
Except on Sunday, when I get to go to church
I wake up to the sound of my phone's alarm
And thank God that I have come to no harm
But then I often ask, "what day and what time?"
For my cobwebbed brain is far from its prime
Then after I ascertain the right time and day
I arise from bed and go forth on my way
I feed myself a devotional and a cup of joe
Then I am ready to get on with the show
Laughter and a couple of short naps do help
Otherwise the tired body really starts to yelp
Although this is not what I would like to admit
It is tougher to address the issue of the spirit
But this is when the Word of God I must rely
For His loving wisdom is never in short supply
 
Today I was drawn to Psalm thirty seven
David said "Trust in the Lord" in heaven
"Do not fret because of evil men", per verse one
"Or be envious of those" who wrong have done
"Dwell in the land and...delight yourself in the Lord"
"He will give you the desires of your heart" as a reward
David said to "be still before the Lord"
"Wait patiently for him" and his Word
"Do not fret when men succeed in their ways"
Using "wicked schemes" all of their days
"Refrain from anger and turn from wrath"
"Do not fret"; it only leads to an evil path
"For evil men will be cut off"
At this we should not scoff
"But those who hope" in our God
"Will inherit the land" with His nod


So I will be still and wait patiently but not fret
And with evil men I will try not to get upset
Instead I will focus on giving thanks to Him above
For He is the source of eternal and unfailing love

No comments:

Post a Comment