Saturday, December 14, 2013

14 December 2013 - Change

"Plus ca change" starts a French expression of fame
"The more things change, the more they stay the same"
It can of course be taken in a couple of different ways
Some think of it as an existentialist view on our days
Others tend to give "people never change" the nod
I prefer to believe that the only true constant is God
So, yes, the more things change, the more God stays the same
No matter how far we may stray, His love is there for us to claim
 
So dear God, please keep your light shining on my path
I would much prefer that than to face your eternal wrath
I know that on your path I have not constantly stayed
Put more harshly, on many occasions I have strayed
And for every sinful thought, word, and deed
Your forgiveness and grace I definitely need
I thank you for your never-changing eternal truth
And for protecting me even when I was a youth
I know that you have great plans for me even today
So I can change despite what the expression may say

No comments:

Post a Comment