Sunday, May 13, 2012

13 May 2012 : Joshua 1:5-8

After His servant Moses' life was done
The Lord spoke to Joshua, son of Nun
"No one will be able to stand up against you"
"As I was with Moses", I will be with you too
"Be strong and courageous" after verse five
And into the promised land you will arrive
"Be strong and very courageous" per verse seven
"Obey all the law" given to Moses from heaven
Then God instructs, in verse number eight
On His words, day and night should meditate
"Be careful to do everything", even if stressful
For "then you will be prosperous and successful"

These few words serve to encourage and uplift me
A reminder that "strong and courageous" I should be
God keeps His promises and provides us His word
So to ignore either one would really be absurd
I ask to be "strong and courageous" in decisions I make
As well as in the words I say and the actions that I take

No comments:

Post a Comment