Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Isaiah 40:29-31

Verse 29 states that God "gives strength to the weary"
"And increases the power of the weak" while they are teary
For tiredness and weariness affect us all
And even "young men stumble and fall"
"But those who hope in the Lord", per verse thirty one
"Will renew their strength" so the battle can be won
"They will soar on wings like eagles"
Instead of being grounded like beagles
And even if they are not quite a saint
"They will walk and not be faint"

Dear God, please give me this special strength
So I can continue the fight of great length
For although I know that your words are true
There are times I need my heart to be made new
I need your Spirit to remind, refresh, and guide
So that to your plans and wishes I fully abide
And now as into the year of the dragon we do head
Let me focus on a year of obedience to you instead

No comments:

Post a Comment