Monday, September 20, 2010

20 September 2010 - Proverbs 3:25-35

"Have no fear of sudden disaster" says the 25th verse
"Or of the ruin" that makes the wicked's life worse
For about you the Lord has always cared
"And will keep your foot from being snared"
"Do not withhold good from those who deserve it"
"When it is in your power to act", don't reserve it
"Do not say to your neighbor 'come back...tomorrow'"
"When you now have it with you" for him to borrow
"Do not envy a violent man or choose...his ways"
"For the Lord detests a perverse man" all of his days
"The wise inherit honor" in God's name
"But fools he holds up to shame"

Earlier verses were mentioned in church yesterday
But these are more appropriate today
I must remember not to be afraid
For God's love will never fade
Helping those in need I must
For in God's providence I trust
I must not look at others with envy
For like them I do not want to be
I must seek wisdom from the Lord
And continue to study his word

For my blessings, I thank thee
And I know that my heart you can see
For my sins, I humbly apologise
And ask for forgiveness in your eyes
Please be with me as I start a new week
Please keep my spirits up even if things are bleak
Please give me strength to encourage others
And thank you for all my Christian brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment